I know there is a lot of confusion on the new 2014/2015 military discounts so I thought I would clarify some of it. Below is the actual discount and blackout dates. Then I will go into some of the answers to questions we get often.
2014-2015 Military Ticket Discount Salute Offer
The Disney Armed Forces Salute offers special military tickets. These tickets are for a specified number of days* and come in several varieties.
Qualified individuals may purchase up to a maximum of six** theme park tickets during the period of the Disney Armed Forces Salute. These tickets are non-refundable and any days left on the tickets will expire at the end of the offer period.
Tickets purchased at military resellers and not direct from Disney must be activated prior to first use in person by the military member or spouse***.
At Disney World you have three choices for your tickets.
• Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $177 each, plus tax.
• Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Park Fun and More Option for $177 each, plus tax.
• Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More Options for $207 each, plus tax.
Walt Disney World Resort tickets may be used September 28, 2014, through October 3, 2015, except that the tickets may not be used December 22, 2014 – January 2, 2015 and March 29 – April 9, 2015.
Active and retired U.S. military personnel can purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets for themselves and up to five additional family members or friends. No more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased by any eligible member of the U.S. military (or spouse) pursuant to this offer. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be used by October 3, 2015.
Active and retired U.S. military personnel can also take advantage of specially priced rooms at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels.* This offer is valid for stays most nights from September 28, 2014, through October 3, 2015, except for:
November 27 – November 29, 2014
December 24 – December 31, 2014
March 30 – April 4, 2015
Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
“Eligible Service Members” are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
The actual prices charged at the individual U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above.
Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort are not valid until activated by the Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows. Tickets and options expire and may not be used after October 3, 2015. Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort expire and may not be used after October 3, 2015. Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person’s spouse). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days.
*The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in, and military member (or spouse) must stay in the room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply at the Walt Disney World Resort if there are more than two adults per room. Other restrictions apply.
Answers to some of the more popular questions we get
- You cannot stack discounts so you cannot get the Free dining promotion and the military discount. You need to choose. Sometimes based off the length of your stay and the ages of those traveling, the free dine might actually be a better option so always run the numbers or work with someone that can.
- If you are staying 2-5 days, it is best to use the military salute tickets and either not use some days if you are staying shorter or add a one day park ticket.
- If you want to do five day tickets, it would be $177 plus a one day base ticket=$279
A five day straight up ticket at Shades of Green with no hopping would be $300, $359 if you had the hopper feature
- There are other options with the military discount like a six day ticket that tis NOT a Salute ticket but has a military discount is $307 for a base tickets, $365 if you added the hopper feature. If you did he salute tickets of $177 and added a two day base ticket, it would be $371 per person.
These prices were based off adults pricing (over the age of 9)
- You need to have tickets attached to your mydisneyexperience account to get your fast passes ahead of time. You can do this by linking the ticket with the number on voucher. Contrary to what has been said, this works. You will need to get these tickets either at a base or by contacting Camp Pendleton and having them shipped. The information is below. You can fast pass 60 days ahead if you are staying on property and the tickets are linked or 30 days ahead if off property and linked. Off property is Shades of Green. You do not have 60 day Fast pass privileges staying at Shades of Green.
- Camp Pendelton, Oceanside, CA. The Camp Pendleton ITT , the closest military base to Disneyland, can take your order over the phone and mail them to you.
- They carry all varieties of Disneyland and Disney World tickets both Armed Forces Salute and Regular Military Discounted tickets.
- There is a $10 FedEx fee.
- Disney World tickets require a 2 week lead time.
- Contact the Camp Pendleton ITT Pacific Plaza
- You only get six tickets per military member. They are not six for the military member and six for the spouse.
- You cannot purchase and activate six and use more than one for the same person until the first ticket is used. For example, you cannot purchase and activate 6 for two people that just want to use all of them for a longer stay. You need to use the first one and then go back and activate the next ones.
- Do not buy the new tickets until they come out.
- If you have resort accommodations already booked and want to adjust it to the new military promotion, there needs to currently be inventory at that resort and room category. For example, if you have a room at the Contemporary in a Bay lake view but there aren’t any rooms left in their inventory when the new discount comes out, they will not adjust it. You can upgrade to a nicer room or move to another resort. This can be done without rebooking.
- The discount on the rooms is not off the rates you see online or any current promotion you already have. The discount is off a brochure rate, no one sees online.
Each military member can book up to three rooms on the military rate including theirs. Everyone can pay with their own forms of payment. The quick service, regular, and deluxe dining plans can be added to the room for a package.
Discover the magic of Walt Disney World® Resorts and parks on a Walt Disney World® Family vacation, and share the joy of Mickey Mouse and company with your kids. Let Ears of Experience plan the perfect Disney trip for you and your loved ones. Contact us today at 1-877-80MOUSE. We look forward to sending you on the magical vacation of a lifetime.